Getting over cancer? Join the moving forward from cancer Facebook group for daily support and ideas for living well
Getting through life isn’t always easy. We know that. We have ups and downs and we experience twists and turns.
Moving on from there is a big part of what living a fulfilled and happy life is about. Feeling resilient and being in a calm state.
We can’t stop everything hard from happening, but we can find ways to be with them and move on from them, if and when we’re ready.
Yet how do we do that exactly? Surely admitting that is admitting that it’s our responsibility to change, which is a difficult thing to acknowledge (and it’s not always true).
What do we need to do, find or be to do that well and in the way that’s right for us?
I talk and work with people everyday who:
- Have experienced a significant life change, been through a period of serious ill-health or living with a health condition
- Are questioning how to make things different, how to spend their time, how to create their purpose
- Feel like they’re going round in circles, and often lacking clarity and order in their minds and lives, despite putting effort into finding it
- Are finding things overwhelming when they’re usually very capable
- Want direction and focus to make good choices and decisions
- And have had enough of others telling them what they could and should be doing to feel better. They want to discover their own solutions and path forwards.
Your struggle is unique to you and your reactions are yours. By understanding how you cope and manage, we can understand how to build your resilience and provide support that’s right for you and your needs – to feel brighter, calmer and happier.