This unique four-week course will run again in October 2017. It took place for the first time in July 2017 and it’s been totally lovely (of course I’d say that).
Here’s what some of the course participants said about it:
“I loved the How to Lead a Gentle Life course! I found out so much more about myself and started exploring and experimenting with areas of my life I hadn’t really looked at before. A month later, I can honestly say my self-awareness has increased, I have a clear vision of what ‘gentle life’ means to me, and I have very clear steps to take to make sure I achieve it. I won’t happen overnight, and it won’t always be perfect, but I definitely feel empowered to make it happen for myself! If you’re thinking of joining the course, you should!” – Sara
“I can thoroughly recommend this course with Emily, from week one it enables you to think of things in a new light and make positive and constructive changes in your life” – Lindi
Feedback also showed that the group:
- Increased their self-compassion and kindness levels by 2 points on average (out of 5)
- Got more and better sleep (identified as an important area amongst the group)
- Found themselves to be more patient with themselves and others
- Took activities, commitments and tasks OUT of their diaries that weren’t moving them towards the life they want to lead
- Put things into their diaries and days that supported them and others’ wellbeing in a more balanced way, without pressure and stress
- Felt calmer and more able to cope with difficult challenges
- Had feedback from those around them that they seemed calmer, less stressed and more present
But why is leading a gentle life important?
Well, it may not be especially important to you in an obvious way, but when we delve into what leading a gentle life can mean, we start to see how it plays a big part in how we think, feel and act on a daily basis.
Leading a gentle life can mean:
- We understand the type of life we’re trying to lead for ourselves, and those around us, instead of just living it on auto pilot
- We are kinder to ourselves
- We can pull back from doing too much at any one
- We put less pressure on ourselves and others to achieve the things that might be causing us stress
- We become less busy and more efficient with our time
- We have more compassion for ourselves and others when things don’t go how we’d like them to
- We actually achieve more – because we’re doing and worrying about less
- We are happier and more content and truly understand what makes us happy and content
- We can find a sense of peace more often
And why do we find it so hard to lead gentle lives in the first place?
Here’s a bit about why we find it so hard to lead gentle lives…
If you’d like to explore and lead your gentle life,
this course is for you.
What does the course cover?
We cover different areas of what your gentle life might, can and will look like, then we take practical steps together over the four weeks to move you there.
You’ll be with a small group of people who are also on the same path, talking about your achievements (there really will be lots), your hiccups (ditto) and your learning (definitely).
Everything about the course is designed to have you thinking, reflecting, planning and doing in the best way for you – with kindness, compassion and calm.
What does the course involve?
- 4 weeks of interactive support and development with an additional 5th week for moving forward planning
- 4 x weekly emails with videos of the activities you will complete
- 4 x weekly live coaching calls facilitated by me
- Downloadable workbook to track your changes
- Access to and support from the Gentle Life community who are on the course with you
- Group and partnered accountability
- Access to two x 30-minute 1-2-1 coaching sessions with me throughout and after the course
- 1-2-1 email support from me throughout the course
By the end of the course you’ll have:
- Greater awareness of what your gentle life could be
- Taking steps that are right for you to achieve that life
- Greater understanding of the self-talk that prevents you from leading the gentle life you’d like
- Awareness of your blocks to change
- Steps that break down pre-conceived ideas on why gentleness might not be great all the time
- Developing compassion for yourself and others, both in theory and in practice
- Practical steps to add or take things out of your life that do or don’t serve you
- Continued access to the live coaching calls recorded and sent straight to your inbox for you to keep
- Continued access to the Facebook group
- Accountability checks with your gentleness course partner
- Follow up 1-2-1 session within 8 weeks of the course
Early sign-up discount of £99 available until 16th August 2017
- What’s the time commitment? The total time to watch the weekly videos is less than 15 minutes per week. Each week’s activity is either a writing exercise or an action you complete throughout the week, so it’s very much about awareness at all times as opposed to ‘1 hour of work’. With the weekly live coaching calls I’d suggest having 2 hours spread across the week for the whole course, with some weeks a little less and others a little more. It will also very much depend what you can spend on it – the more you are able to put in the more you’ll benefit, but also people who don’t have much time still found major changes and shifts on our first course.
- How much should I be honest with the group throughout the course? You can be as honest as you like! Of course, if you’re willing and wanting to open up, the experience is likely to be all the richer as you will receive open support and guidance back from us all. However if you would rather go through the course without accessing the FB group you can and you’ll still receive support from me.
- What if I miss a group coaching session? All group coaching sessions are recorded with notes and added to the Gentle Life FB group.
- What if I’m not around for a few days throughout the whole course? No problem, it’s very much a coaching process where you are in charge of how you complete the activities, with (gentle!) reminders from me on how you’re doing, where you’re at and what might be happening. As it’s online you can access the material from anywhere and complete each week’s activities as you need. Anything you’re not able to do we can talk about on the group coaching call or diarise for a time when you can complete it.
If you’d like to delve further into leading a gentle life, exploring yours and how to get there then I know this course will be right up your street.
Sign up below to get on the early-bird waiting list (lasts until 16th August).